The new “information experience” !
Basically a short story about your search term, it narrates the script and also displays the best shots regarding the term.
Again requires invite ! This fact about invite has sure become an obstacle to people like freelance testers from home. But managed to get it by now and being an alpha user sharing the experience.
Would be easier in points, let's go:
1. Search for a term and the suggestions drop down, which is almost apt, and I seem to find more. I did a search for Tamil Nadu and I also got my hometown below it. Is it the IP? It knows a million things, but sure knows my hometown ;)
2. Topics related to your keyword are displayed in the form of maps, movies, images, animations and much more to come ! Since this is only the alpha version.
3. While the movie is playing you can also look for the "Q" symbol on the picture or video demonstrated and get to know related information on it. One can also click on the 'link'ed word on the script to search for it.
4. And after the movie, which can be paused or muted, there are a lot of other resources mentioned that can be used. Also one can replay or share what he/she has just seen/heard.
5. One drawback for rapid searchers would be the time factor where if it were text, just a ctrl+f would find the term we searched for, but here it would be waiting for the piece of information to flow in the form of A/V.
Otherwise it is too good to know information at ease, the female voice is another good choice. Good if they had a male voice too, might be an option just to add on.
P.S : It is also rumored/feared/hoped that Microsoft may approach Qwiki for an offer.